Re: TLS Website

To: <washburn@dwave.net>
Subject: Re: TLS Website
From: "George Ryan" <quad4fiero@webzone.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 05:15:23 -0600

In response, Patrick Wasburn wrote:

> You know, I had the same thought.  Those TLS cars are pretty damn
> pretty!  Hey Mike, I thought there was some kind of entry criteria.  I
> don't think anyone who didn't follow the creation of TLS on team.net
> will "get it".   Better get some duct tape on those machines, and for
> heavens sake, stop washing them!  ;)
- --

Patrick and Charles,

I can only speak for myself, but I doubt there are many Mod or
Prepared cars out there without duct tape/baling wire engineering
somewhere. The paint jobs are only to decieve - - I won't mention
names but somebody on this list 'fessed up about having the
entire nose of their car formed from tape, then painted over for
rigidity.

Any photos of my Fiero at last years Wichita Solotime will clearly
show my hood taped down in the front (it was this event where
TLS was born), the announcer had said over the PA that he thought
my hood was coming off, on course, and the SSS got involved.

That, surely, qualifies me, wouldn't you think? If not, the crappy
driver part surely fits.