Re: Course Designs

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Course Designs
From: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 1999 08:04:08 -0800
Small point, but I would suggest less cones be used on the inside of
turns and more cones be used on the outside. What I have seen is someone
lays down a course by tossing cones out of the back of a truck. The
truck negotiates the turns. Tossing at a steady pace, means that the
tighter radius will get more cones, so the inside is dense.

When the newer driver approaches the corner and the outside of the
corner has cones spaced 15 feet apart or more, there is much more chance
for the driver to drive thru the cones.

Like I said, small point, but consider where the newer driving is
looking at. The seasoned driver will be looking at the apex cone. The
newbie will look at the outside of the corner more.

Would have rather been driving at Pahrump than posting this morning..
Randy Chase