Anorexic Neons

To: Eric Linnhoff <eric10mm@qni.com>
Subject: Anorexic Neons
From: Scott & Glenda Meyers <autox@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 1999 08:50:45 -0700
Eric Linnhoff wrote:

> I thought even the stripped (basically) ACRs weighed in right at 2500
> pounds.  Am I way off base here?

I had a 1996 ACR; with A/C, it seems it was just over 2400#, measured on a
scale (did corner weights). This is without driver, 1/4 tank of gas, no spare.
This is from memory; any other Neon guys out there with recent recorded data?

> But, in defense of the 240SX cars, aren't they also rear wheel drive?  That
> "should" make up for some of the difference.  Right?

Non posi, same 6" rim, weight not over the driven wheels. Hey, ever watch
those sedan races on Speedvision from Europe? Don't give me that "rear drive
is superior" dribble.  :-)

In autocross, weight hurts you three times - cornering, accelleration, and
braking. Horsepower only helps you once - accelleration.

> Just call me puzzled.

OK...... "Puzzled"        ;-)

> See you on course.

......on street tires for me, old worn out R tires for you?

Scott Meyers
What? RAIN in Phoenix this weekend?
What else could go wrong.......... (forget I said that)