Re: Estimating camber?

To: Brian M Kennedy <kennedy@i2.com>
Subject: Re: Estimating camber?
From: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 08:39:59 -0800
Brian M Kennedy wrote:

> Anyone know a cheapo way to measure front camber reasonably accurately?
> I won't be adjusting it, so it doesn't need to be too accurate.
> I just want to see roughly how much I have (say +-0.5').

Very roughly, I would use a carpenter's square and place it with one
edge flat on the ground and the other 90 degree edge against the tire,
touching the bottom part of the tire. Measure the distance from the top
outermost part of the tire to the edge of the square.

Then use elem trig to figure the angle. It works close enough, but after
a while, you can visually tell on your car within 0.5 degrees.

Randy Chase
'91 MR2 CS