Re: Rollbars and Weiners

To: Bret Dodson <bret@serv.net>, nw_autox-l@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: Rollbars and Weiners
From: Topper Jones <gbrt@rocketmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 17:35:48 -0800 (PST)
On page 98 of last years Rule Book (1998) under Stock
Category it states "Roll bars and roll cages may be
added." It goes on to say a lot more but that's the main
thing you needed to hear.

I run a number of high speed non-SCCA events in addition
to our normal Solo II's. I added a very heavy duty Kirk
Racing competition bar to my Miata and even though it
added 34 pounds to the car it was well worth it for the
added safety and stiffness.  The downside is that it
blocks the view of the rearview mirror and makes it hard
to get the top up and down.  Now that I've got it I
wouldn't do without it.  If I buy another Miata a roll bar
will be the first thing I add to it.

Topper

---Bret Dodson <bret@serv.net> wrote:

> Okay, So I've been deleting Weenie Protest related posts
like a madman for
> the past day and a half.  But, all of this weiner talk
has frightened me,
> a seasoned (half-baked) competitor.  (NW list folks
trust me that
> Team.net has been flushing itself with this topic lately)
>
> I've got this roll bar that I'm going to install in my
Miata.  Is it
> legal?
> Bret Dodson
> '96 Miata R soon to go under the knife for Hard Dog
install