Re: Dyno accuracy for OBDII cars

To: Josh Sirota <jss@marimba.com>
Subject: Re: Dyno accuracy for OBDII cars
From: Byron Short <bshort@AFSinc.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 09:03:35 -0700
Josh Sirota wrote:
> People on the Z3 discussion board argue incessantly about whether or not
> dyno runs on these modern, OBD-II equipped cars are valid.  Some say
> that the systems adapt so quickly that a dyno run tells you nothing, and
> others swear by the money they've spent on the dyno that prove that the
> $1000 they spent on an exhaust system was a win.

Hey, everyone, Huck here.  This is exactly what I said a few months ago
and everyone snickered and sneered.

Huck & CHuck has stealth anti-ballast for sale.  It reduces the weight
of your car by 500 pounds, making you accelerate, brake and turn much
faster.  Best of all, it's *stealth* anti-ballast, so it only works when
you are on the autocross course.  When you pull back into impound and
scale the car, it'll read the same weight it always did.

Sure this kind of technology isn't cheap, but it's every bit as valuable
as those other stealth products which produce big horsepower that can't
be detected on the dyno.

Huck
Huck & Chuck Enterprises
Unreal Performance