Re: Dyno accuracy for OBDII cars

To: Brian M Kennedy <kennedy@i2.com>
Subject: Re: Dyno accuracy for OBDII cars
From: Byron Short <bshort@AFSinc.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 09:33:18 -0700
Brian M Kennedy wrote:
> My recommendation:  Buy a G-Cube, mount it in your car.  Measure your
>performance
> right before and right after each autox you attend.  Average them for you
> performance
> for that day.  After a few weeks of this... make a change and then continue
>your
> testing.  After a few weeks, draw your conclusions.

Good recommendation!  ;-)

> The bigger advantage is that the G-Cube costs much less than a $1000 dyno run
>and
> you can also use it for analyzing your driving performance -- and most of us
>will
> get bigger gains from that than any exhaust change we could do.

Hey, for $1000 I'll sell you a G-Cube, a copy of GEEZ, AND I'll wax
your car!  ;-)  $195 for the G-Cube, $395 for the G-Cube and GEEZ!
software bundle.  Wanna see what GEEZ can do?  What, you mean you
haven't yet subscribed to North American Pylon by calling
1-800-58-KELLY?

> P.S.    The G-Cube is the soon-to-be-available g.Analyst successor built by
>the
>         maker of Geez! software (email team.net member Byron Short at
>         bshort@AFSinc.com).  No association other than soon-to-be Geez!
>customer.

We expect to make the formal announcement next week.  The first
production run is within a couple units of sold out, but once that batch
leaves we will be building a second batch right away.  Formal
announcement coming next week.

--Byron