Re: sp changes in fast track

To: BENNY DEMENT <HPKY59A@prodigy.com>
Subject: Re: sp changes in fast track
From: Joshua Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 10:30:16 -0700
BENNY DEMENT wrote:

> Ok who read the changes in march's fast track?  On the fuel system
> and lines, and extra tanks, ETC.  Since volkswagens use an
> accumulator
> (Like an Accusump but for fuel) in their system,  Does that make all
> vw water cooled with CIS injection illegal? It's an "extra tank".
> Does that mean that on an "open" fuel system one can't add an
> Accumulator to make it like the Volkswagen system?  What about fuel
> lines.  Does the internal dimension apply to Fuel rails as well?  So
> if a stock rail or after market rail is larger than 1/2 inch it is
> illegal?

        I found the excessive wording in the restructured rules to be
excessive. In addition, if the appeal of the protest found the RX's fuel
system legal, then why are the rules being changed to make them illegal?
I don't understand this.

        Plus with all of the wording they've gone through the trouble of
writing, there is no doubt still an exploitable loophole. Sorry I don't
have the text of the incredibly wordy rules change, but the impression I
got from reading it last night was that it still allowed for a way
around the wording. I'll have to go back and look at it more carefully
when I get home.

> Also, Curt is correct on headers on the air cooled cars, they should
> be granted an exception.  The heater boxes on the stock manifolds
> are not heavy enough to make a significant difference to performance.

Thank you Benny! Please remember that when this goes out for membership
approval. Your vote counts!

> Write a letter Curt !!
> Time to stir up what one can.

Letters have been written, and the campaign is underway.

-Josh2

--
Joshua Hadler    '74 914 2.0 CSP/Bi - Hooligan Racing #29 - CONIVOR
                 '87 Quantum Syncro - aka stealth quattro

jhadler@rmi.net
http://rainbow.rmi.net/~jhadler/