Miata Trailer Hitch

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Miata Trailer Hitch
From: "Susan L. Collicott" <camel@serv.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 13:36:56 -0800 (PST)
I just spoke with Moss Motors regarding their "Custom Miata Trailer
Hitch".  Seems they don't recommend using it with a '96 R-package, as they
say the skirt on the back of the Miata-R comes down too low.

Someone locally suggested using an all-in-one hitch, but I really would
like to have a receiver-style hitch, so that I don't keep bashing my shins
on the hitch when I don't need it.

What are other R-package-trailer-towing folks towing with?  Should I
ignore Moss and order it anyway?  Tips? Advice? Warnings?

Susan
BS '96 Miata R, Dusty Red