Re: C Stock in 2000

To: pesra@yahoo.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: C Stock in 2000
From: JAKramer@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 14:24:45 EST
In a message dated 2/4/1999, 12:59:57 PM, pesra@yahoo.com writes:
<<Between the 1.6 Miata and the '91-92 MR2, which might be easier to
drive at its limit?>>

I have a '91 MR2 and a 2nd gen RX-7.  The RX-7 isn't exactly the Miata, but it
does represent a well balanced front engine, rear wheel drive setup.

In my personal experience  - the RX-7 is definitely easier to drive at the
limit.  The MR2, especially the '91 & '92 can be be quite a handful.  But,
when you get it right, it's very sweet.

I participated in a 24 hour autox last year with my MR2 that was the final
event of the NC championship series.  There were a number of good regional
drivers including lot's of MR2s and lots of Miatas.  The MR2 gang was quite
entertaining to say the least.  Each of us spun at least once, some of us
(yours truly included) multiple times  - the spectators and announcers loved
us :)    In contrast, not one Miata spun!  I suppose one could argue that the
Miata drivers were more experienced than the MR2 crew, but that would be
statistically improbable with the numbers in both camps.  I think it proves
the MR2 is harder to handle when driven at the limit.

I'm sure the other MR2 drivers on this list will chime in here -- (Randy???)

<<Another consideration might be the added low-rpm pull of the MR2's
truckier engine? Seems like the added oomph coming off a corner might
better cover up driver errors?>>

As long as you're headed in the right direction :)

Take care,
Jack
'91 MR2 NA
'86 RX-7 Sport