autox-cm

Re: considering an FF

To: "AutoX-CModified" <autox-cm@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: considering an FF
From: <gduncan2@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 15:17:03 -0700
Well, I'm bummed......

Went to look at the `87 Van Dieman this morning and everything was looking
real good even discussions of a little cash and trade out some work he needs
done to put his TR8 back on the road, until I tried to get in the car. Even if
I lost 30 lbs, I'm just too tall and my shoulders are too wide to fit. I guess
from what I understand I will need to watch for an `82 to `84 model that
should have a big enough cockpit for me. Alan's `82 that I drove was a little
tight for my shoulders but very doable otherwise. Looks like I'll need to save
up some more money and see what is available toward the end of the year when I
think I might have enough cash to purchase out right. Unless someone might be
interested in an EM Fiero as partial trade? It's ranked the quickest autocross
"real" Fiero for `03 & `04 in the Fiero racing community.

Just to clarify some of the facts about this car. It is an RF87 serial no.
1235. Steve purchased it in `91 out of England and had a completely new engine
built by another friend of mine from the Phoenix, AZ area, Don Roberts (yes
the one in GT40 and Cobra racing history) in `95. Steve says there is about 8
hours of total run time on the engine and only 2 road races on it when in was
crashed in `95 and has been sitting since.

Thanks to everyone for the info and advice!!! I'll be staying on the list,
lurking mode on, watching and waiting for something I can afford  to pop up.

Thanks,

Greg Duncan
#184 EM Fiero
Tucson, AZ