autox-cm

Re: Solo II Helmet Requirements

To: Charlie Mathews <cmathews3@mchsi.com>, CM List
Subject: Re: Solo II Helmet Requirements
From: Mark Sirota <mark@sirota.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 09:58:30 -0400
--On Sunday, April 25, 2004 9:01 PM -0500 Charlie Mathews
<cmathews3@mchsi.com> wrote:
> Can any one tell me how old a helmet I can legally use.  I thought that
> the SA '90's were not allowed in '04.  Is this correct?

Excerpting 4.3.1 Helmets (page 57):

Helmets meeting the following standards must be worn while on
course: All helmets meeting the current or two immediately preceding
Snell Foundation standards (SA or M) are acceptable. For 2004 this
includes Snell 2000, Snell 1995, and Snell 1990. FIA approved
helmets which are acceptable for use in Performance Rally events are
acceptable for Solo II events.

Mark