autox-cm

Re: CM F2000

To: CHARLES J VOBORIL <cvoboril@msn.com>
Subject: Re: CM F2000
From: Tyson Sawyer <tyson@j3.org>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 21:28:12 -0500
Chuck,

Agreed that apologies are rare on the internet and I can tone down my
emotion, accept it and believe that your intentions where good.

However, though I still feel very new to the mod class society (two
seasons), your attempt to "show some compassion" miss the mark by such a
degree that I have to question your position on a sub-commitee that
effects the rules and future of these classes.  Since my knowledge of
you is very limited and opinion currently based on two sentences I'm
still open to changing my position.  However those two sentences suggest
that your understanding of the competitors in one of the more successful
mod classes is so completely off the mark that I question if you should
remain in your position, regardless of good intentions.

For me, CM isn't an "I class".  I didn't go trying to modify a class to
fit my car.  I didn't try to get a new class for my car.  I chose the
class that best fit my needs and desires and bought a car to fit it.
Now that I have done so, CM is "my class" and attempts to degrade the
qualities which caused me to choose it, esp. by people not in the class,
will be meet with considerable opposition.

Ty