autox-cm

Re: CM F2000

To: "CHARLES J VOBORIL" <cvoboril@msn.com>,
Subject: Re: CM F2000
From: "Eric Clements" <ewc4@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 08:57:09 -0800
Chuck, you read way to much into what I wrote. I wasn't talking about
downforce,power-to-weight, tire size or any vehicle specific area. I was only
commenting on that I think 6.4 seconds on a two minute lap is a large amount
of time. I did convert the two minute lap time down to a solo average 60
seconds. Can you picture someone at nationals saying "I won, but only by two
seconds" ?

Eric

  EC,
  You forgot the down-force advantage that comes with an average speed of 100
MPH Vs average speed of 30 MPH.
  We are comparing one of the fastest no-downforce classes to one with
significant (but not enormous) downforce.

  How do you propose that a car with about equal track and about the same
power-to-weight and
   tire patch-to-weight and NO downforce (zero AOA) will be faster in a
Solo2.

  Chuck