autox-cm

Brake Rotors

To: autox-cm@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake Rotors
From: <hottvr@birch.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 10:35:25 -0600 (CST)
After a long search for brake rotors I finally decided to make them
from scratch. Everything I found needed to be modified to fit the
March. I just wanted to pass this on since I had ask the list earlier
about suitable material for rotors.
The material is 805506 Ductile Iron. The 80=80,000lbs tensile,
55=55,000lbs, yield 6=6% elongation. This was recommended to me buy
the manufacturer of the bar stock. They said this material has been
used to make special rotors for racecars with success. I'm gonna give
this a try and see what happens. The bar is 11 inches in diameter and
24 inches long. It weighs 628 lbs. When we get going on this next week
I will post some pictures on my website.

Mike(Now this is gonna be fun)B. 99cm

///
///  autox-cm@autox.team.net mailing list
///