autox-cm

Brake Rotors

To: autox-cm@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake Rotors
From: Hottvr@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 21:07:39 EST
Well, just an update on the brake rotor project. I finally got the #@$?suckers
spun out. It was a real deal!!!!  This is some of the toughest stuff I've
ever tried to
machine. On my biggest CNC Lathe it was still very difficult. I just didn't
have enough
mass(weight) to stop the "Chatter" I had to go down to  150 surface feet(70
rpms)
to stop it from "ringing" on the final pass of only .005 depth of cut. But
somehow
I managed to get it done. Late today I started getting setup on one of my
VMC's
to do the holes and windows. I hope to get the holes done in a couple of
days???
I'm gonna have 7 full sets when finished. I also got a bar of 6.5 inch 6061T6
today
to make new "Hats"

I think these rotors will also fit the 1983-1989 Reynards and Van Diemans?????

Mike(I could make someone a deal)B. 99cm

///
///  autox-cm@autox.team.net mailing list
///