autox-cm

Re: trailer questions

To: Eric Jones <edj@austin.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: trailer questions
From: Charlie Mathews <cmathews@theramp.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 13:44:14 -0600
1. As I understand it, 2000# is the point of brakes/no brakes.  Greater than
2000 it is suggested that you have brakes.  My trailer and car weigh about
1500# and I don't have brakes.  I have never had any problems, and I tow with
a minivan.

2. No experience on that.  I have aluminum ramps (C shaped).

3. Establish the position that you will tie the racecar down such that you
have a tongue weight around 100-150# (if you use a class 2 hitch).  This
balances the trailer and gives you enough tongue weight.

Charlie Mathews

[This message delayed, as it needed manual intervention by the list
administrator.  mjb.]

///
///  autox-cm@autox.team.net mailing list
///