Part desperately needed

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Part desperately needed
From: "Andy Walker" <awtiger@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 19:23:09 -0500
Hey, guys:

I've got a major problem.  We have finally finished the motor for my Series I
vintage racer and were in the process of doing the timing cover mod to accept
the Chevy timing seal when we found out that the crank damper has a big crack
in it right down the keyway in the neck.  Being cast iron makes it nearly
impossible to weld and machine down and it's too big of a gamble to run it
cracked.  I'm interested in finding a good used crank damper (not just the
pulley but the one with the rubber and counterweight ring).  I don't think
engine size makes a difference, but just in case it does, I'm running a 1600.
If you have one that you can part with, please inspect it for cracks and other
suspicious wear before contacting me.  Since the motor is going to be turning
some high RPMs, I want to make sure I have a decent piece on there.

Thanks for all your help,
Andy Walker
Edmond, OK
B9006857LRX '60 Alpine Series I vintage racer
B382001600LRXFE '67 Tiger Mk1A