Re: Sunbeam Restoration Guide

To: boxweed <boxweed@thebest.net>, CANISDOG@aol.com
Subject: Re: Sunbeam Restoration Guide
From: MICHAEL JONES <jonesmp@prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 08:49:19 -0800 (PST)
I purchased a Sunbeam Ser II for my wife several years ago that has a later
engine. Since I am a stickler for originality, I purchased a parts car to
return the II to its factory self. I belonged to TE/AE for a few years and
attended a couple of Nationals. I could never get answers to my questions about
making a concours car, because of so many different opinions. There was never a
standard for these cars written to my knowledge, so I find it interesting that
anyone would indicate that having a car such as this find is just an "oh well"
thing and isn't that great. This car is a piece of history and gives a very
strong starting point for writing a set of concours specs. The Sunbeam
Nationals became meaningless to me, since the cars were never judged to a
standard. I hope that you disregard any negative input and provide as much
information as you can. If its pictures on the web, that's fine, if you
reconsider making your book I am game for that. Your input will be extremely
valuable.
  MJ

boxweed <boxweed@thebest.net> wrote:
  From the feedback I've gotten on my original note, I've decided it would not
be cost effective to produce an actual book. However, someone mentioned
posting the pictures of the car on a website, which seems like a reasonable
alternative. I do have a website where I'll post close-up pictures of the
areas of the car I've learned over the years are the most prone to
bringing........!