Sealing stuff?

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Sealing stuff?
From: GSTROM99@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 18:41:12 EST
There is some stuff on my Series II (aka ThunderPine) that seals the seam for
the fender to the inner fender panel/boxes that used to be rubber or
something.  It has long lost it's connection to the fender, but seems mostly
attached to the inner fender OK.  The stuff is rock hard now and needs to be
renewed.

What is the goo-of-choice you guys have used for this sealer.  I was going to
silicone, but there prolly is something better.  I'm going to a swap meet
tomorrow, so I should be able to find "the right stuff" there.

Gary Strom
Series II (stock)
ThunderPine (Series II w/351)