Re: Alpine / MGB ?

To: alpines@autox.team.net, hillman@can-inc.com
Subject: Re: Alpine / MGB ?
From: Alex McGregor <awmcgregor@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 21:05:44 -0600
I always though an MBG was stronger, frame-wise.  Back in 69 I was stopped
waiting to turn in my fisrt S1.  I got rear-ended by an MGB.  At the last moment
he tried to swerve around me and hit my bumper at about a 45 degree angle.  It
tore the right rear fender off the Alpine, pulled the left about a foot toward
the right and made a hell of a mess.  The Alpine was totaled, the B messed up
his
left front fender, grille and bumper.

I haven't had anything good to say about an MGB or its driver since.

The Alpine is a fun car, much more unique and attracts a better class of driver.

Al