exterior mirrors

To: "Alpine List" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: exterior mirrors
From: "Russell & Neola" <rmaddock@petrie.hotkey.net.au>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 10:14:41 +1000
Due to frustration at not being able to see behind me when forced to put the
soft top up, I've bought a pair of "bullet" exterior mirrors.

Any comments on the best place to put them? Looking at pictures of other
cars, fitting them directly above the front wheel centres seems the most
popular place. Looking out from the driver's seat I agree this would appear
to be the ideal place. It seems a bit of a shame to put them so far forward
as I feel they spoil the lines of the car a bit. Still, safety is paramount.
Has anyone found any other good places for them? (be nice now!!)

Russ