Re: Coolant overflow tank

To: "Harvey, Cole E" <cole.harvey@baesystems.com>,
Subject: Re: Coolant overflow tank
From: "Jon A." <humbersnipe@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 19:24:07 -0600
        Only one more modification needed, Cole. You need to replace the
radiator cap with a newer style, that also has a rubber seal around the top
of the filler neck. That way, suction will pull the coolant back into the
radiator as the engine cools off. A stock cap just has a metal disc at the
top, since it didn't have to be an air-tight seal.
        Just remember to use a low pressure cap - I don't think the stock
cap was rated much above 9psi. I'm not near my shop manuals at the moment,
so I can't check the pressure, but I imagine a suitable cap should be
available from one of the Sunbeam vendors. Any recommendations, listers?

Jon Arzt
Omaha, NE  USA