Engine/Transmission Help

To: alpines@autox.team.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Engine/Transmission Help
From: "Ohan Korlikian" <yvrcanada@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 20:54:34 -0800
Hello Listers,

When I bought my 64 Alpine GT early this year, the engine came in multiple
pieces.  As I work on the body to prepare it for painting, I cannot get my
mind on how I am going to put the engine together. There appears to be too
many parts and not to mention ones that are missing.

I figure reassembling the engine can be the long-term project. For now I am
looking for a short-term solution.

I am looking for input as to what type of small working engine (4 or 6
Cylinder)and transmission I can use. Simplicity is the key. Ideally one that
is easy to fit, and does not require major modifications to the body.

If modifications to the suspension, steering, brakes, etc. are necessary, I
would appreciate your input

Obviously I am looking for as much information as possible.

Thanks and have a safe holiday.

Ohan Korlikian
Vancouver, BC
'64 Series IV Alpine GT B9405413 LRX