Re: Engine/Transmission Help

To: Ohan Korlikian <yvrcanada@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Engine/Transmission Help
From: John Slade <edalsj@igs.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 00:32:37 -0500
Hi Ohan,

Sounds from your e-mail that you have decided to get another
engine/transmission for your car, rather than attempt to reassemble the
pieces which you have on hand.

If this is so, I would suggest that you look for a working Alpine series
V engine and transmission. The series V engine has slightly larger
displacement than the S IV, and will fit into your car without any
modifications. Since you live in the Vancouver area, there must be lots
of old Alpines around. I would think that you should be able to pick up
an engine/transmission for less than $500 Canadian, possibly much less.
When I lived in Victoria fifteen years ago, I picked up a whole Series V
car for $400, and the engine lasted me for 10 years before it needed
serious work.

I wouldn't consider any engine which requires you to make modifications
to your car's body.

Good Luck

John Slade
Manotick, Ontario