Re: RE: Oil Leaks

To: glocke@ihug.co.nz
Subject: Re: RE: Oil Leaks
From: "Christopher Albers" <Christopher.Albers@bubbs.biola.edu>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 15:49:30 -0700
glocke@ihug.co.nz writes:
>The other leaks are all minor, i.e. a few coin size
>puddles after sitting for a night, but there must be about 4 of them....
>the
>sump, the front timing cover, and a couple of others I can't locate. They
>are more annoying than anything. Just lucky my shed has a dirt floor!

These engines are a nightmare when it comes to oil leaks.  I thought I had
mine locked up tight as a drum after a completed rebuild and plenty of
non-hardening gasket sealant throughout.  After about 2 years of summer
driving it's back to it's old leaky self.  I hate it!!!  I'm just glad I
painted my brand new garage floor with Dupont epoxy paint before we moved
in!!

CNA