RE: Oil Leaks

To: John Stanco <JStanco@cordmeyer.com>,
Subject: RE: Oil Leaks
From: Jarrid Gross <JGross@econolite.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 09:09:51 -0700
John wrote,

>How many gaskets can be changed on this car without
>removing the engine?  The previous owner rarely drove the car and when she
>did it was short term.  I think a gasket must have given way.

Every gasket that can leak oil on the "engine" can be replaced in situ.
Some tougher than others, but still worth leaving the engine in place.
Only one think that "can" leak oil is not accessable, and that is the
cam bearing plug/disc.

The transmision however is a different story, pray its not leaking
from there.

Jarrid Gross