Re: B9109902 Found!

To: SpenceIC@Healthall.com
Subject: Re: B9109902 Found!
From: Christopher.Albers@bubbs.biola.edu (Christopher Albers)
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 09:11:08 -0700
SpenceIC@Healthall.com writes:
>I've got one...
>Just within the past year, my brother purchased a Series 3 GT. He
>brought the car home and parked it in his driveway. His neighbor saw
>the car and said to him, "I've got one of those in my garage!" Sure
>enough, sitting in this guys garage was a Series V. All those years and
>we never knew the car was sitting right under our nose, a stones throw
>away. - Ian

OK, I've got one too.

I had just begun the restoration of my SV and was looking for a Volvo
wagon to drive (& haul parts).  So I got a copy of the Auto Trader and
started making calls.  I called this one guy (who's Volvo I didn't buy)
and mentioned to him in passing that I needed a car because I was
restoring a '67 Alpine.  He said, "Oh, yeah?  I got one of those.  I
need to get rid of it."  I said, "How much?"  He said, "A $100 bucks."
I said, "I'll be there in 10 minutes."

It was just a parts car, it had no title (Texas car, he owned a body
shop and the owner had abandoned it), and was damaged in the left
front.  But it was complete and had many chrome and trim parts I was
lacking.  So I was able to strip the car of what I needed and sold the
rest to 'Piners who needed parts.  I even ended up making a nice profit!

CNA