clutch trouble

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: clutch trouble
From: rnanzig@webtv.net (robert nanzig)
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 11:12:34 -0400 (EDT)
Thanks to all those answering my cry for help. I tried one more test
before deciding to pull the tranny. I removed the slave, bolted in a
harmonic balancer puller and used it to push the clutch release fork.
The fork depressed 3/4 inch and I still couldn't get in gear with the
engine running. So my afternoon will be spent under the car to see what
we can find. BTW, from what I could see through the bell housing fork
opening , the release bearing is in fine shape.

Rob Nanzig
67SV