clutch trouble

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: clutch trouble
From: rnanzig@webtv.net (robert nanzig)
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 19:49:14 -0400 (EDT)
     I was driving down the highway today and discovered that my clutch
would not disengage as I approached a red light. I was fortunate to be
able to yank it out of gear, make a right hand turn on red, cram it back
in gear and keep the thing moving back to within a mile of home . I have
checked movement of the clutch slave and it moves about an inch with
each pump of the clutch pedal.
     Any guesses as to what's going on? I've not replaced the clutch but
I did replace the throwout bearing a couple thousand miles ago.
I have a detailed manual but no experience with the workings of a
clutch.

Rob Nanzig
67SV