Re: Aluminum Sump QuestionsIMPORTANT

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Aluminum Sump QuestionsIMPORTANT
From: "Russ Eshelman" <RussE@Firstva.com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 15:43:05 -0400
Jarrid, I agree that you don't want your oil to splash all over the inside
of the sump, that you want your oilpump to pump oil and not air, and that is
the purpose of the baffles in cornering, stopping, or steep inclines, but
since the alum. sumps are deeper than the steel and therefore has a larger
capacity, but that is not to say that the fluid level is any nearer the
crank than with steel sump. The math has already been worked out between the
dipstick and oil pickup as to the correct fluid level, change one you should
change the other. Just my 2 cents worth!!  Russ