Re: Cutting out at speed

To: Paul and Susan Almjeld <palmjeld@home.com>
Subject: Re: Cutting out at speed
From: "jumpin'jan" <servaij@cris.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 12:11:28 -0700
If you see the black paint flakes in the fuel bowl, the twin tanks need
to be reconditioned. The only way to do these correctly is to have a
reputable shop that specializes in gas tanks do them. You might get a
reasonable performance by doing-yourself, but I have found the average
gas tank will have some pin holes that need repair too. The shop, that
Tiger Auto and myself send our tanks to, has them dipped, holes welded
and then sealed with an aircraft tank sealer (which is also recommended
by BMW).
Jan
--