Re: General Ignorance and Lack of Knowledge

To: <ellis838@concentric.net>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: General Ignorance and Lack of Knowledge
From: "Barbara Blue" <the_blues@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 21:55:23 -0500
Hey Jim - I acknowledge that disks brakes are more efficient and probably
less trouble free, until you add the parking brake with its mechanical
contortions.  Maybe Fords are better than others in this aspect.  In my
mind, I question if the added performance is worth the complications for
street use.  I feel the same way about fancy multivalve heads.  My wife has
a twin cam, 4 valve Escort.  It goes like hell and is a ball to drive, but I
have to wonder if in the life of the car, a hot push rod motor would not be
better overall.  But I don't know, maybe it will 250,000 miles without
problems.  If it does, I will retract most of this paragraph.  As they say,
Crow is nutrious if eaten warm and slightly salted.

 I know Ford has rears that are the proper bolt pattern (I understand some
of them are close enough on width that they do not require narrowing), but I
was under the impression that these were all drum equiped.

Just call me G.I.L.K.(see subject line)