'65 Series IV appraisal

To: Alpine List <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: '65 Series IV appraisal
From: Alexander Adan <adadan@sfsu.edu>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 21:07:10 +0000
Hi All,

I'm fairly new to this list, as well as Alpine ownership in general.
I've had my semi-project Series IV for about six months, but haven't
driven it much.  I had to put in a new clutch when I bought it, which
works fine, but now I'm worried about the rest of the transmission.
Should've checked it better when I had it out I guess.  I'd be
interested in any info people have about 5-speed conversions and what
transmission to use.  But more importantly, does anybody know of an
individual or group in Northern California (preferably Sacramento area
of Bay Area) who could appraise my Alpine for theft insurance coverage?
The insurance company suggested local enthusiasts' clubs, but I don't
know of one in my area.  Not that I expect the car to be worth all that
much in its current condition, but I'd like to get theft coverage so
that I'm not just out of luck if it the unthinkable happens and it is
stolen.

Thanks a lot,

Alex Adan.