Spot welds

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spot welds
From: "Louis & Laila" <bwana@c2i2.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 13:32:01 -0700
Howdy all,
     I am wondering if anyone has had experience with the Spot Welder that is
sold by EASTWOOD. I would like to replace sheet metal without having it
obvious that the fenders have ever been replaced. My current technique is to
remove the spotwelds with a cutter, then MIG weld a small circle in the hole.
This leaves a lump that can be ground down, though an experienced restorer can
see that the fender was replaced. The Spot welder is rather expensive, at
$459.00, plus you must buy a variety of tips and pay for shipping! If it was
"worth it", then I might give it a shot. But I would rather not spend that
kind of money if it isn't. Lou