Re: [Re: Fuel]

To: Christopher.Albers@bubbs.biola.edu (Christopher Albers),
Subject: Re: [Re: Fuel]
From: Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Date: 26 Nov 00 20:57:59 EST
The timing must be advanced or the higher octane fuel will burn the exhaust
valves.

Jan

Christopher.Albers@bubbs.biola.edu (Christopher Albers) wrote:
bmounce@impop.bellatlantic.net writes:
>Once my beastie is on the road, I'm going to tap a private pilot friend
>of mine
>for some 100LL (100 octane, low lead).  I will let you know how it goes.

>Bill
>SV

I ran some 110 in my 10.1:1 Series V at a 50/50 ratio with 92.  No more
run-on and smooth running.  Someone suggested I put Mystery Oil in top
end 92 octane to "cool the head" to prevent run-on.  Don't do it!!!
Made my car run like crap and want to die at idle.

I'd run the 110 all the time if I could afford it.  Not cheap at
$4.30/gal.

CNA