Cricket at Sunbeam Invasion

To: Victor Hughes <v.hughes@student.canberra.edu.au>,
Subject: Cricket at Sunbeam Invasion
From: Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Date: 22 Nov 00 21:29:55 EST
Victor

Someone at Chrysler back in that era had fun with names of cars that had
multiple meanings.  The Cricket was one example, another was a car called the
Dodge Sport-this was simply a rebadged Plymouth Duster.  If you are into
animal breeding- a "Sport" is an off spring that doesn't breed true to its
parents- example- when two solid brown dogs produce a black and white spotted
puppy.  So the Dodge "Sport" was a "Plymouth" offspring of Dodge parents!

Regarding "Creaky" the Cricket, since Rootes seemed to be big into badge
engineering, I figured it would be perfectly acceptable for me to badge
engineer my Cricket into something else!  I have many choices.... a Brazilian
Dodge Polara, an English Hillman Avenger, an European Sunbeam 1500 or even an
Argentinian Volkswagen 1500 (!!!!), or a Chrysler Avenger or a Talbot
Avenger..... or lastly a Hillman Tiger.  So many choices!

Regarding England reannexing the USA, great idea!  But does this mean we will
have to give up the English measuring system and go to metric??

Jan Eyerman
"Tinkerbelle" the 1959 Hillman Minx Deluxe
"Creaky" the 1973 Plymouth Cricket not so Deluxe (actually the base model with
no carpet, just a rubber mat)