oil

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: oil
From: Pasanville@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 17:49:00 EST
Joe,
ASK THE MANUFACTURE!
I can't stress this enough. Most engines today do not require the "rules of
yesterday" that applied to us as mere youngsters in auto shop class. The
reason we use to change the oil after 500 miles is that the methods used
years ago required it. Most engines were rebuilt by the mechanic in an old
dusty garage where they used white grease to assemble it. Todays engines are
built with methods and conditions that make this step unneccessary  and could
also affect your warranty. SO call the manufacturer and ask first.
Pete Sanville
66 Alpine
B395004314
Almost Done!