Re: Have to laugh...

To: Christopher Albers <Christopher.Albers@bubbs.biola.edu>
Subject: Re: Have to laugh...
From: rgibbs@pacbell.net
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 15:58:30 -0800
Christopher Albers wrote:

> I have to laugh...the silence is deafening!!!  I now know, due to the
> lack of any response whatsoever, that my valuation of my SV was indeed
> residing in La-La Land.

Hey Chris,

I don't think that you valued the car too high.  As we all learn in Econ
101: "the value is whatever the market will bear", or "the value is
whatever a buyer to pay".  Guessing from other marques, your Alpine
should be worth more that that, but Alpines do not seem to gather the
same interest.

The Alpine market is a niche market and floating a question to this
group may give you some insight from informed people, but is not likely
to put you into contact with a lot of people who:
        a) are in the market for a Alpine (we see what, maybe one request per
month from someone looking for a car and usually posted by TJ Higgins,
meaning they don't view this site regularly).
        b) have the money on hand to pay for one in really nice condition.

I know that you did not ask for advice or consul, but ....
you put a lot of time into your car (not counting the cash), AND
you seem to really enjoy and appreciate it. ..... do you REALY want to
sell it?

-Roger