Re: 1600 vs 1725 / Chevy Rods / Isky / Lifters

To: glocke@ihug.co.nz, MrZAG57@aol.com
Subject: Re: 1600 vs 1725 / Chevy Rods / Isky / Lifters
From: GSTROM99@aol.com
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 23:18:21 EST
In a message dated 11/13/00 5:43:38 PM Central Standard Time,
glocke@ihug.co.nz writes:

> From what I understand, the rocker itself adds a little
>  extra improvement, but it's main advantage is to allow a cam to be used
that
>  opens and shuts quicker, with the valve still being able to follow the
>  profile OK.

Careful here...  Roller LIFTERS allow a more radical "ramp" on the cam, so
the lifter doesn't "dig" into the cam, and the resulting valve opening time
is a huge improvement.  Eric is talking about roller ROCKERS.  These reduce
friction and side stresses on the valves/guides.

Gary