Re: Europe trip

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Europe trip
From: david_kelly@ineos-a.com
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 09:14:14 +0000
As a resident in the UK it's good to see you enjoyed the driving, I think
anyone who enjoys driving likes it even more when it's different. However
we like every one else have our fair share of bad drivers, no matter how
stringent the test.

I am a regular traveller to the US and lived in the southern states for
about 2 years a few years ago. This year whilst I was there I didn't see a
single roundabout but, as always,  lots of four way stops. These were a bit
confusing first time as I had no idea who had right of way and got some
'signals' for jumping my turn to go.

Also the turning right on a red light was difficult to get used to as going
through a red light here would get you a dangerous driving ticket. When in
Tennessee I saw 70mph limit on the free way which brings you up to our
legal limit, which most people here ignore

It's strange for us in the UK as most places we go we have to drive on the
'wrong' side of the road. Not too bad if you in a hire car and in the
correct side of the car, but if you have to take your own car into Europe
it makes overtaking difficult as you have to stick most of the car into the
other lane before you can see.

Where I live in the Northern part of England hedges are not the worst
things on the side of the road. Most of the country lanes have dry stones
walls along either side of them, something you would definitely not what
you would want to catch any car on never mind an Alpine

Dave
1962 SII

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
This email is confidential, may be legally privileged, and is for the
intended recipient only.  Access, disclosure, copying, distribution, or
reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited and may be a criminal
offence.  Please delete if obtained in error and email confirmation to the
sender.