RE: Arrow Aluminum Oil Pan

To: CANISDOG@aol.com, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Arrow Aluminum Oil Pan
From: Jarrid Gross <JGross@econolite.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 14:40:04 -0700
Paul wrote,

>Jarrid,
>At least in the 69 GT Alpine, this oil pan (engine) set at an angle in the
engine compartment.  That is the reason behind the slight angle at the
bottom of >the pan.
>I don't know what you are talking about on the pivot point.  Unless you are
looking at a casting plug mark.
>I am using the standard pickup on the oil pump.  I had my oil pump drive
machined to fit the tach drive distributor.
>I plan on just measuring the amount of oil I put in the first time I fill
it until it reads OK on the dip stick.  It should hold slightly more than
the >standard sump I would think.

My sump looks like this (top down view)

Front                      Rear
[-----------------------]
[          :            ]
[    ||    :            ]
[          :            ]
[    ||    :            ]
[          :            ]
[-----X-----------------]

The detail above the Drain hole "X" is cast into the bottom of the deep
part of the sump.  It looks more or less like the picture shows in that
a baffle could somehow pivot on a shaft that is captivated by the cast
risers.

Side view "through the side of the sump" would look like this.

The risers shown stand about 3/8 inch above the top surface of the bottom
of the sump.

There looks to be some wear on the insides of the two risers, which leads me
believe that something pivots in thier.

Any clues?

Jarrid