Re: [6pack] Alternator Output vs RPMs

To: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>, Bob Danielson
Subject: Re: [6pack] Alternator Output vs RPMs
From: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 00:47:18 +0000
Bob, thanks for bringing this up and Vance, thanks for the clarification.

When we first started up my newly rebuilt motor (9.6:1, GP2 cam) Bosch 55A
alternator, 16 inch permacool fan, we noticed that the idling engine rpm
dropped several hundred rpm when the fan kicked in. Actually since I have
persistent issues with high idle it was a welcome drop but now I at least know
what is going on.

Stan