[6pack] Alternator question

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Alternator question
From: michael lunsford <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 04:21:22 -0700 (PDT)
This discussion, especially by Vance, was very enlightening, even to one who
dropped out of engineering after calculus I.  I was especially interested in
seeing the amount of HP required to run the fan, lights and etc.

I recently asked about using an electric AC compressor on my 6 so this bears
on that question also.  In regard to the AC compressor I haven't done much
work on the idea but have been discouraged by the non standard voltages (160
volts comes to mind) which they use to power the compressor which they get
from all of the extra batteries and generator capacity they have avaiable.  I
know there are ways around this problem but so far it looks like the cure is
worse than the disease, at least cost wise.

Mike Lunsford