Re: [6pack] pertronix?

To: 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] pertronix?
From: George Loriot <george_loriot@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 06:56:59 -0400
To the list:Success!  Many helpful suggestions, and the coil was the culprit,
as suggested by a lister. I replaced it with an old one I had kicking around
and no more miss.  So I got a "performance" coil from NAPA and it's running
just fine, with a nice power boost. I'm taking it easy for the next hundred
miles, then retorque the head and adjust the vavles.  Hopefully all will be
well.  And I will buy a points/condensor set for just in case.... And still no
real clue about the near-zero cranking pressure on the 2 adjacent cylinders.
All are at ~150 psi now.    It must have been a leak at the head gasket and I
shut it off as soon as it ran bad, so maybe there was no chance to really
damage the gasket.  Just a wild guess, but it's in the past anyhow. Again,
thanks to all on the list for their speedy and very helpful replies.  It's
great to be back on the twisty vermont roads, with a power boost as well.
George Loriot1976 TR6
See how Windows connects the people, information, and fun that are part of
your life.