Re: [6pack] pertronix?

To: George Loriot <george_loriot@hotmail.com>, 6pack
Subject: Re: [6pack] pertronix?
From: "Sally or Dick Taylor" <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 21:44:53 GMT
George---Yes, it's strange that nothing was found in the head gasket area, when
the cylinder pressure on adjacent cylinders were low. But that seems to be in
the past??

Best now to go back over your work. Check the lash, and look for a broken
(outer) valve spring.

You can check your fuel pump volume and pressure by following the Bentley page
on this. Clogged fuel filters can be the culprit for engine hesitation, at
speed. (This usually starts off as a drop in power, then the misfire, as one
carb float bowl can run out before the other)

All said, it's probably the old Pertronix that's the bad guy. A check here
would be to pull of any one plug wire at the sparkplug and hold it close to
ground. Run the engine at the "misfire speed". The spark jump should be
regular. I'd do this easy test on some different plug wires, just to be sure.
Go from there...

Dick