Re: [6pack] Axle Grease - How Much to Use?

To: Sally or Dick Taylor <tr6taylor@webtv.net>, Bob Danielson
Subject: Re: [6pack] Axle Grease - How Much to Use?
From: Dale <tpdwinch@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 14:38:36 -0700 (PDT)
Bob - Dick

Having just help two friends replace the half shafts in thier
Tr-6's this past couple of weekends with new ones from the TRF I have a
suggestion.

 When I did mine 5 years ago I added a grease fitting to the
neck of the out shaft where it just starts to get fat. The new ones from TRF
now come with this grease fitting. So the suggestion is to add a fitting and
when you have it all back together hit it with a couple of shots of grease
till it comes out the back near the u-joint, Also drill a small hole in the
cover at the back of the spline ares to expell the grease.

Also note if any
one needs to order new halfshafts, you no longer need the rubber boots at the
top or on the shaft as there is no way they will fit. These shafts are on the
principal as the drive shaft slide piece.

Dale