Re: [6pack] Exhaust manifold finishing

To: "6-Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>, "Foster, Stan"
Subject: Re: [6pack] Exhaust manifold finishing
From: "levilevi" <levilevi@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 22:01:18 -0600
I tried this and thought it held up well for what it was.  For me the Calyx
was a way to dress up the rusted, calico cat colored, stock exhaust manifold
until I decided whether to put headers on or not.  The calyx went on easy and
held up for a season which was way easier than taking it apart just for looks
when I potentially had other plans.  It didn't smoke, smell, or change
color...I did have to touch it up after a few months but very little.   Given
the ease, value, satisfaction, and the advantages of procrastination I'd say
give it a try.

Bud Rolofson

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost Parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)
71F-250 Camper Special (Triumph Support Vehicle)
Z-50A Hardly Davidson 1977 Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)