Re: [6pack] Spin-On Adapter

To: Stuart Thompson <stuartt@tlthompson.com>, 6-Pack
Subject: Re: [6pack] Spin-On Adapter
From: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 23:25:38 +0000
Stuart, it is a simple and worthwhile conversion. Everything you need will
come with the kit. There are several options for filters all readily available
at your local autoparts store. Just remove the old canister, remove the old
rubber ring gasket from the groove in the block. Fit the new gasket that came
with the adapter into the block and fit the smaller seal into the recess in
the adapter and bolt it up.

Two things to remember:

1. Even using the short oil filters you will need to angle the filter forward
a little to clear the slave cylinder and its bleed nipple. Sort out that angle
before you finally tighten the adapter bolt.

2. Nobody in the US sells replacement rubber seals so if in two years you need
to take it off for some reason you will be challenged to find replacements as
none of the many outfits that sell the adapter sell the seals and Rimmer
charges $20 plus shipping from the UK for them. The reason for this omission
is one of the many mysteries in life.

Stan