[6pack] Driveline vibration

To: 6-Pack List Serve <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] Driveline vibration
From: Rick Norris <rnorris1@swbell.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 19:03:44 -0600
I took my TR6 with a driveline vibration to a mechanic to get all that
sorted out. What he found was that one of the exhaust hangers,
presumably a front mid-pipe hanger, was improperly installed. He moved
it around and most of the vibration is now gone. I did not have the
opportunity to speak the fellow that actually did the work but, because
there remains a bit of vibration at around 70mph which we all agree is
likely the drive shaft needing to be balanced, I left it with them to do
the really dirty work.

So, my question; how in the world can a exhaust hanger or clamp cause
the drive shaft to vibrate?